Monday, June 29, 2015

28 weeks and the crib

I'm feeling much better in my pelvic and hips areas. I had two visits with a prenatal chiropractor, and she got me all realigned. The hormone relaxin is causing my pubis bone to be too loosey-goosey (the medical term is symphysis pubis dysfunction) therefore making everything out of whack. I'm still a bit uncomfortable, but I can walk without limping and without as much pain!

It's been unusually hot here in the Pacific Northwest. We're having long stretches of 90+ temperatures, with no rain or cooling down in sight. We have A/C, so I am staying comfortable! 

Here's a pic of me from last week, at 28 weeks compared to 18 weeks!

 

I get a lot of, "it's a boy!" comments, from those that they I am carrying outwards and have not lost my beauty. Apparently girls steal your beauty. I get some "it's a girl!" comments, from those that think I am carrying high. The ladies at the nail salon said I looked big...I said well thanks!!! And I got my first wholy-cow-I-can't-believe-you're-only-28-weeks-look from some woman I didn't know. To them I say....wait until you meet our professional <fill in the blank with a sport> player!!! lol Let's hope the JP gets my athletics and Brian's height!

We also got the crib set up in our bedroom. Thanks to the Traas for the crib, and many other awesome baby things. Brian put it together and it looks great!
There was a changing table that also came with it, but it would not fit as a whole piece.



We keep going back and forth on getting a rocker/glider chair. One won't fit in our living room, it would need to be in the baby/guest room. We have found a few of Craigslist that would work and are rated well....I guess we'll just see.

Everything else is going well! Uneventful, thankfully! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment