Brian and I got engaged on Saturday, February 28, 2015 at 10,842 feet on Marshall Pass in Colorado.
We went to Salida, CO to celebrate Brian's sister, Monica's, 40th birthday. Saturday, we took about a three hour snowmobile ride. There were about 13 people in the group and a guide. It was such a great time! We got to the top, Marshall Pass, and everyone got off their snow mobiles to take pictures. Brian wanted to have Monica take a picture of us a few feet away. So we started walking to the spot you see above...
And the snow was so soft and deep! As we were walking over there, and I was sort of stumbling about, Brian bends down and says you dropped something...so I start looking around and next thing I see is Brian down on one knee asking if I will marry him! I was so shocked all I could do was laugh and cry, and say things like ,"are you kidding me...is this for real..." I continue to laugh and cry, and I think he had to ask if that was a yes! I say yes, of course it's a yes!
He puts the ring on, stands up, we hug and kiss! Then I start hitting at him and calling him a shit head! I meant it as a term of endearment. I was so shocked he had done this! I had zero idea. And I am pretty observant. I had not seen any evidence, he did not act strange in the slightest, I had not even seen him digging around in his coat pocket to get the ring out! He did such an awesome, thoughtful, beautiful job!
In preparation for this, he had asked Monica ahead of time if it was ok that he highjacked part of her birthday to ask. She said of course it's fine! I am so thankful!
I am extremely lucky to have such a great man that is soon to be my husband. I never dreamed of having such a partner...that is kind, sweet, thoughtful, attentive, listens....that is so funny, witty, smart...that can push my buttons, argue, and teach me how to be a better person. Someone that is as complex yet simple as I am. I love you, Brian Haskell, and I am more than excited for our adventure together!
We have a few ideas on getting married and the wedding, but nothing is planned. We both would like to be married before September.
Very sweet! Happy about your happiness!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove it!!! That's such a perfect engagement for the both of you. :) eeeee! So excited for your future together. Congratulations, you two!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words Stephanie. I Love you very much and I am so blessed to have you for my future wife an mother of my children.
ReplyDelete