Saturday, August 29, 2015

37-38 Weeks - Count down in on!

The count down is truly on now. By some sources, 37 weeks is full term. Once at 36 weeks, the doc said they would not stop labor.

Brian's sister, Monica, and her family came for a visit. We went to the Oregon Zoo and to Hood River. Lily, our niece, is the cutest little thing, and she was very interested in the baby in my belly. When I first saw her she asked, "Why do you have a fat belly?" And I told her there was a baby in there. She already knew though. She thinks it is a girl, and thinks it just pops out! Oh how I wish. I told her where the head is - down - and she said several times..."the baby is in there upside down!..." and then she asks why?? (She's 3) 

 At the Oregon Zoo with Lily and Monica

  Talking with Lily about the baby in the belly

I understand why some say the last month is the worst. Sleeping has gotten very uncomfortable, and it hurts to move from side to side. Swelling hasn't gotten any better. My fingers are so puffy, it's hard to make a fist. It's difficult to put socks on, and I can't tie my own shoes! I definitely waddle when I walk. I move slowly when walking, and getting up and down. Food is difficult to keep from falling on my belly, or down my cleavage. Bending over is possible, but not awesome. It really feels like a 20 pound bowling ball is strapped to my stomach and is pulled down by gravity.  

At home we are ready...well, mostly! We still need to set up the co-sleeper. But the car seats are installed, we've got diapers, plenty of clothes and blankets, and we've been telling Tootsie to get ready for a baby sibling. 

Let's go BABY!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment