Had an interesting Saturday evening. I had been feeling JP move significantly less since early Saturday morning. I paid attention for most of the day, and things still felt different. There wasn't no movement, just a lot lot less, and it felt different. I took a nap in the afternoon, woke up, and drank a big glass of apple juice. Then a big glass of cold water. I counted kicks and got about 6 in an hour. I called L&D and they said it should be 10 in two hours. But then the nurse asked if the changed had just started, and I said no, I started noticing it last night. She said to come in.
So while I figured things were fine, and didn't want to interrupt our visit with Monica, but we went in to be monitored. They had a bit of trouble getting the first node to pick up the heart rate, which was nerve-racking. But they figured out what the problem was. They got the heart beat on the monitors, then after about 10 mins, they said things looks good, now we'll do an ultrasound.
They came in with the u/s machine. They checked three things: fetal breath, fetal movement (gross and fine), and amniotic fluid. All three were good. It took the longest to see the fetal breath...they do not have to breath in utero, but if they have good muscle tone, they will take practice breaths. So the three of us stared at the ribs for a long time, waiting to see them contract. And they did! And we saw hand movement and some bigger stretches.
There is a lot less room in there now. Which I knew happens, but the doc said several time that if I notice a significant change to call, so that's what I did! Now I know this movement in the new normal. No more big tummy shaking kicks. Just pushing and rolling, all less pronounced. And it really feels like my bump is all baby...like a big baby. But Dr. Molina is not concerned about the baby being big! Just about every where I feel, I swear it's a baby body part!
No comments:
Post a Comment