Friday, January 16, 2015

Pamphlets?!

I received my "pamphlets" in the mail from Kaiser Permanente. When I scheduled my appointment, she said she'd be sending me information. I was excited to see what they would send... Congrats Mama! Here's what to eat! Pregnancy 101! Instead, I was sad to have received 3 pamphlets on genetic testing!!! Really?! I have not even seen nor talk to a medical provider and you want us to read up on genetic testing?! I am focused on being healthy, taking my vitamins, getting my nutrients, and hoping to God this is a sticky baby (sticky=not ending in a miscarriage).

I put on my KP hat and tried to figure out why they would send this. The rational ideas....was it a mistake? Does everyone get these? The irrational but seemingly logical ideas...I am 35, maybe I am high risk? Do they see something in my medical history that set off the genetics alarm? S + B = not the youngest couple on the block?

I still don't know why they sent them. But I will be submitting a formal complaint. And I'll ask at my appointment.

I just can't believe they let pregnant women go 8-10 weeks without giving them any information!

Out first appointment, by the way, is February 2nd.

1 comment: