Thursday, January 8, 2015

The day our lives changed

I woke up for work, and decided it was time to take a pregnancy test. I was maybe 4 days late, but I don't have very regular cycles. I thought to myself, I just want to get yet another negative out of the way.

I started the shower and peed on the stick. I went about getting ready for my shower and checked the stick. Holy cow, is that really two lines?! I probably stared at that thing a good 30 seconds. I was in disbelief.

I woke Brian up, and asked him to really wake up. I said, "there's two lines!," and he replied, "I don't know what two lines means!" I then I said that I think I'm pregnant! I was crying and Brian was smiling big and tearing up. I just kept saying, is this for real, and I don't know what to do! It just didn't seem real.

We sat in bed for awhile and talked in amazement. Brian believed it much more than I did.

I got ready for work, then sat down and called to make an appointment. I also emailed my doc asking for a lab test for further confirmation. We also googled 'false positive' so I could be sure this is really a positive.

Of course, I can't really focus at work. Brian can't either. I stop by the lab on my way home from work, and it's positive! Brian says in response, "that must mean you're really pregnant!" Ha ha

3 comments:

  1. We sat on the bed letting the "realness" set in and talking about what to do next for what, 1/2 hour or an hour before I asked you if you wanted to turn off the shower? It was pure blissful shock. WE DID IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a wonderful idea. I am so far away. This makes me feel as if I am a part of this blessed event. Thank you for letting me be a part of it! I love you both.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Cheryl, and we love you! I am glad we can stay connected at least a little bit through this!

      Delete