| 11 weeks, 13 weeks, and 18 weeks |
I don't have cravings, and the aversions are better. I don't feel ravenous like I have heard others feel. I'm thankful for that. I probably eat too much chocolate. Those damn Cadbury eggs...now .22 cents at the grocery store! hahahahahaa
I still haven't felt any flutters or kicks. I. AM. WAITING. Trying to wait patiently. Since about week 13, I haven't really felt pregnant. Which was a nice reprieve from the morning (all day) sickness, but darn it, I want to feel pregnant! Everything seems to be fine, but having a bit of reassurance would be nice. I try and just enjoy and just be.....but it would be a lot better with a few kicks here and there!!
Both Brian and I are sick this week. His started with a fever and aches. Mine came 5 days later, and thankfully, with just a head cold. It's really made us think how things will be different with kids. We could have not rested all weekend on the couch watching Parenthood and House of Cards, cooking no meals, and not showering if we had kids! And let me tell you, the terrific yet emotional roller coaster that is Parenthood...not good when you're pregnant with a head cold. So many tears! lol Did not make the head pressure any better.
Our anatomy scan (aka ultrasound) is coming up on the 23rd. This is when most folks find out the gender. I keep wondering if we knew the gender, if I'd feel more pregnant? Or more connected to the JP? I don't think we'll change our minds on not finding out, but it makes me wonder.
And I see/hear all these women buying all this baby stuff! That's so not us. I want as few things as possible! <really, as few things as possible, especially toys! I hope both Grandmas are reading this!> I don't know if it's my age (I am advanced maternal age, you know) or what. I do love shopping. But I feel very practical about the baby stuff. Do I care what color the baby room is? Not really. It's a baby! They don't care. Do I care what color the car seat is? Nope. Just that it's super safe. Am I worried we don't have baby names picked yet? Nope! It'll get done when it needs to be. I am usually such a planner, so this is different for me.
Alright, time to drink my tea and honey, and rest. Hopefully tomorrow we both feel much better.
Ms. Practical, huh? But.... Isn't finding out the gender the "practical" approach to baby stuff?! ;) I'm not trying to give you trouble! I'm all for the surprise. I mean, it's painful waiting, but I get it.
ReplyDeleteFeel better!! Take care of you and JP!
haha, touche!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for you to re read this note in late August...also if you knew the sex of JP you might get excited about color and etc... FYI!!!
ReplyDeleteI know, be careful what I wish for right?! ;)
DeleteI just finished Cora's room and don't regret not caring (I had a little vvision of what I wanted...)! All in all it sounds like you're enjoying the joy of the ride and that's great. So happy for you.
ReplyDeleteI just finished Cora's room and don't regret not caring (I had a little vvision of what I wanted...)! All in all it sounds like you're enjoying the joy of the ride and that's great. So happy for you.
ReplyDelete