Thursday, April 23, 2015

The "big" ultrasound - 19 weeks

Today we had the big ultrasound, aka the anatomy scan. If we were finding out the gender, this is the u/s we'd find out at. They measure all the major organs and check heart beat.

19 weeks and 5 days Ultransound


It appears that everything is fine, but the doc still has to review the images. We saw two hands, two feet, the heart, spine, kidneys, 4 chambers of the heart, two hemispheres of the brain. The heart beat is still around 154, and JP weighs about 11 ounces. I have an anterior placenta, which is why I haven't been feeling flutters and kicks. The placenta is connected to the front-side of my uterus. So when JP kicks, the placenta is muffling the feeling. I think I may have felt some flutters on the perimeter, but I am not sure! It may be week 23-25 before I feel big kicks.

It seems I am showing much more now. A woman at work asked if she could touch by belly. I said yes, and thanked her for asking. And others have mentioned that I have a bump!

Bump selfie - almost 19 weeks
I can see how uncomfortable things are going to get...when I bend over or at the waist, I can feel that things just feel different...like there's actually something in there! hahahaaa

I am still working out, 3-4 times a week. Cardio, weights for arms and squats, core work, and stretching. I can only hope it pays off big time during delivery! 

No comments:

Post a Comment